What is the setting
Here at HOWL we have made it our mission to provide you with the optimal setting for relaxation. Our reception area greats you with warm grounding earth tones and the practitioner of your choice. The practitioner will then escort you to the treatment room. The room is in shades of soothing colors and soft carpeted floors. The treatment room door is large enough for most walkers. You may choose a table or chair to receive your treatment. The softly lit room is also accompanied by various gems and crystals. The room is surrounded by beautiful lanterns that are filled with soft glowing candles that dance along the walls. New age soft music will be played in the background and a light scent of incense will fill the air. Our massage table is lined with very comfortable memory foam and a warmer so that your toes can stay extra toasty. If you would like to opt out of live candles or burning incense please let your practitioner know when booking an appointment.
What a Reiki session is like?
A complete Reiki session is offered to a fully clothed recipient who is lying on a treatment table or sitting comfortably supported in a chair. Please let your practitioner know if you have a preference so that we may accommodate you. Most commonly, Reiki is offered through light, non-invasive touch with the practitioner’s hands placed and held on a series of locations on the head and front and back of the torso. The placement of the hands will never be intrusive or inappropriate and you should feel only light tough. The practitioner might implement no touch in certain situations if you have an injury or surgical scar. The Reiki practitioner can hold her hands just off the body if needed for example, in the presence of an open wound or burn and some practitioners always offer Reiki in this way. Please make your practitioner aware when you have any special request for areas that you feel like is a non touch are due to the above or other in mentioned conditions. Your practitioner wants you to be as comfortable as possible.
What might I experience?
The experience of Reiki is subjective, changeable, and sometimes very subtle. Clients usually experience the sense of Heat coming from the practitioners hands or they may feel very cold. A client might also feel pulsating hands, tingling. Reiki is cumulative and even people who don’t notice much the first time usually have progressively deeper experiences if they continue. Besides the immediate experience of the Reiki, you may notice other changes that continue to unfold as the day goes on: perhaps stronger digestion, a sense of being more centred and focus, less reactive and sleeping deeply that night. Some people fall into a deep sleep like meditative state where they are still aware of the surroundings and yet focused on your internal thoughts. A persons first time may also be uneventful and yet you may feel some what better afterwards. The most common experience is immediate feelings of relaxations and release of stress.
What should I do during a session
- It isn’t recommended to take in a large amount of caffeine right before a session or anything that can be taken to keep you highly alert. We want you to be able to relax and for some people caffeine might cause the opposite effect.
- Use the rest room before your session so that you are comfortable during your session.
- If you have any places on your body that are very sensitive to touch, open wounds or new surgeries please let your practitioner know so to not accidentally touch that area.
- If you are usually uncomfortable with being touched ask the practitioner to show you the hand placements they might use, so you know exactly what to expect.
- As the session progresses feel free to make any body adjustments that you see fit. You may speak to the practitioner during the session if you feel like you need to. It is recommended to ask the questions at the end of your session. We are here to make this a comfortable experience for you so please let us know if you need any additional support. We are here to help you and you are not bothering us in any way by making this experience better for your individual needs.
Don’t try to relax fighting our minds to shut off is unnatural to our 60,000 thoughts we have a day. Let the Reiki relax you. You won’t even notice when your body fluidly shifts into its relaxed state naturally as the session continues. In the mean time feel free to shift your awareness to the rise and fall of your breath, enjoy the music, the scent’s or the sensations of the therapy.
What happens after a session?
Leaving a Reiki session you may leave feeling refreshed. Some people may feel more tired and relaxed after the session. Some people may also feel ungrounded this sensation has been described as feeling a buzz. This is due to the energy moving through your body. We recommend you take as much as needed before you sit up or stand. Some people may find themselves releasing after a session this may be using the bathroom more frequently that evening or feeling lighter and happier. People also have said they felt more calm and focused. Most people sleep extremely well on the day they receive they’re Reiki session. This is not viewed as an adverse reaction, but rather as the body’s natural healing response, something to take notice of.